at City of Caldwell in Caldwell, Idaho, United States
Job Title: Water Department Assistant Superintendent
Job Summary/Qualifications: The City of Caldwell has an opening for an Assistant Superintendent at the Water Department. This individual supervises the City’s water utility meter service, water quality; works with state and federal guidelines and requirements for testing, sampling, chlorinating and computer telemetry systems and activities; performs related work as required. Subject to a pre-employment drug test, background check and reference check.
Education, experience, training and requirements:
- Graduation from high school or possession of a GED, supplemented by college level courses or training in engineering technology, chemistry, environmental science or other related field; and
- Considerable experience in Water quality sampling and testing, and supervising water metering activities; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Possession of a current and driver’s license.
- Class A CDL issued by the State of Idaho.
- Class III Water System Operator issued by the State of Idaho.
- Possession of or ability to test and obtain a Class IV Water Distribution license issued by the State of Idaho within six months.
- Possession of or ability to test and obtain a Backflow Assembly Tester license issued by the State of Idaho within six months.
- Possession of or ability to test and obtain a Cross-Connection Control certification issued by the State of Idaho within six months.
- Must complete .6 Continuing Education Units in Water annually.
- OSHA Training in Competent Person Requirements for Water System Construction.
- After hours on-call and residency within a 20-minute service response area.
Full or Part Time: Full Time Benefits: Exceptional benefits
Hiring Range: $27.54-$28.92 Hourly (DOE, DOQ)
How to apply? Obtain an application on the City’s website at www.cityofcaldwell.org or at the City of Caldwell Human Resources Office, 411 Blaine Caldwell, Idaho 83605.
City of Caldwell
411 Blaine Street
Caldwell, Idaho 83605