at Utah State University in Logan, Utah, United States
USU Housing Landscape Laborer is responsible for installation, repair, and maintenance of the landscape and grounds on the USU Housing campus, including all year landscape activity.
1. Plant and maintain trees, shrubs, flower beds, etc.
2. Applies insecticides to rid grounds of small pests as needed
3. Applies fertilizers as needed
4. Prunes trees, trims shrubs, and pulls weeds
5. Rakes and mulches the grounds
6. Sprinkler Repair and maintenance
7. Removes snow from sidewalks, approaches, and parking lots.
8. Sprays herbicides as needed
9. Perform as a team member on all job related tasks
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
+ Valid driver’s license required and 16 years or older, neccesary to opperate equipment and vehicles.
+ Attention to detail.
+ Ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple projects.
+ Ability to adapt to changing conditions or work assignments.
+ Cultural sensitivity and an ability to build rapport with a diverse workforce in multicultural settings.
+ Team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and co-workers.
+ Productive worker with solid work ethic who exerts effort in successfully completing tasks.
+ Dependable, responsible contributor committed to excellence and success.
+ Self-starter who takes initiative with minimal supervision.
+ Willingness to learn new skills or techniques.
Along with the online application, please attach:
1. Resume/CV to be uploaded at the beginning of your application in the Candidate Profile under “Resume/CV”
Document size may not exceed 10 MB.
$9.50 per hour
This position requires moderate physical activity. Employees must have sufficient strength to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position including moderate lifting (up to 50 pounds), walking, bending, stooping, kneeling, and squatting. This position requires nearly continuous standing, repetitive hand motions, and reaching overhead. Employees may be exposed to unusual elements including extreme temperatures, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Utah State University (USU) was founded in 1888 and is honored to be Utah’s land-grant and space-grant university. USU is a Carnegie RU/H (Research University/High Research Activity) institution with approximately 27,700 students (24,660 undergraduates and 3,040 graduate students) on the Logan main campus. Utah State’s statewide system features eight campuses and 23 education centers a
Utah State University
Logan, Utah 84321