at Kootenai County in Coeur d Alene, Idaho, United States
ENVIRONMENTAL SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN – SOLID WASTE
Our Mission: It is the mission of Kootenai County Government to provide professional service with regard to public safety, essential service and preservation of natural resources and responsible management of public assets for the common well-being of our citizens.
APPLY ONLINE https://www.kcgov.us/356/Employment-Opportunities AND ATTACH COVER LETTER, RESUME & COPIES OF CERTIFICATIONS
Posting Closes MAY 14, 2021
THE POSITION will act as part of the hazardous materials response team as well as maintain, construct, operate and monitor leachate collection, surface water, ground water, landfill gas and hazardous waste management systems, and other environmental issues for the Kootenai County Solid Waste Department.
- $21.65 to $25.20 per hour depending on experience
- Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI) a pension plan with five year vesting, 94% employer contribution, and lifetime payout upon retirement.
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits package. For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $55.33 per month (nicotine-free rate). View our entire benefits package at https://www.kcgov.us/346/Benefits
- On the Job Training, learning new job skills while enhancing your work experience.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Program https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service
- This position will be required to work the posted work schedule rotating months with other employees for 24-hour on-call status, including holidays, weekends and non-scheduled hours.
View the full job description.
451 Government Way, P O Box 9000
Coeur d Alene, Idaho 83816