at Mountain West Bank in Ketchum, Idaho, United States
Mountain West Bank
Coeur D Alene, Idaho; Meridian, Idaho; Sandpoint, Idaho; Spokane, Washington; Newport, Washington; Ketchum, Idaho
Job Description About The Role
Do you LOVE where you work?? WE DO!!
Come work for a company that celebrates it's employees and loves the communities we serve!
Looking to dip your foot in the professional world of finance?? Mountain West Bank is looking for some eager and interested Summer Tellers for different branches in our footprint (Spokane, WA, Newport WA, Boise/Meridian, ID area, Coeur d'Alene, ID area, Sandpoint, ID area). The Teller is responsible for receiving and paying out money, as well as accurately keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in a financial institution's various transactions. The teller meets the needs of customers by providing exceptional quality service. The teller must be customer/client focused, have a technical capacity, hold confidenciality in the highest regard, be thorough and communicate proficiently.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back and issue receipts of deposit.
2. Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds availability based on regulation requirements and complete hold notices.
3. Process savings withdrawals. Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification and ensure validity.
4. Identify counterfeit currency.
5. Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates, service charges and account histories while complying with disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy policies.
6. Cross-sell bank products and services.
7. Refer customers to the proper department for issues that cannot be resolved at the teller line.
8. Count and roll loose coins.
9. Issue personal money orders and cashier's checks, accept orders and payment for U.S. Savings Bonds and sell American Express Travelers Checks (single & multiple signer).
10. Accept loan payments: verify payment amount and issue receipts.
11. Buy and sell currency from the vault as necessary, ensuring that teller drawer cash limits are not exceeded.
12. Ensure teller station is properly supplied.
13. Follow procedures for removing accounts for dormancy.
14. Balance drawer daily, including periodic batching of cashed checks.
15. Process cash advances, redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
16. Maintain appropriate currency logs.
17. Follow all bank policies and procedures.
18. Perform other transactions as need in accordance with policy and procedures.
19. Must comply with applicable laws and regulations, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
High school diploma or equivalent.
6 months or more of previous customer service experience
Excellent customer service skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Excellent math skills
Good computer skills
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILL, ABILITY:
Prior cash handling experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT:Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled shared work area with moderate noise level.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Specific... For full info follow application link.
•We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
•Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Mountain West Bank
331 N Leadville
Ketchum, Idaho 83340