at KeyBank National Association in Pocatello, Idaho, United States
Location:105 North Arthur Street - Pocatello, Idaho 83204
The Middle Market Sales Leader (MMSL) manages a team of Middle Market Relationship Managers and sales support to acquire new clients and expand the share of wallet of existing client portfolio of businesses with annual sales from $20 million to $500 million. The MMSL is responsible for leading and coaching a Middle Market sales team to build and maintain a trusted advisor relationship with clients based upon knowledgeable advice that is aligned to the clients' business objectives and lifecycle. The MMSL champions and drives the financial performance of the team through profitable revenue growth and credit quality discipline.
All MMSLs will be assigned as a MMSL I, unless he/she manages another MMSL(s) and/or when scope includes more than $25M in annual revenue and $1B in loans and deposits.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coaches and directs the team sales efforts through utilization of consistent sales processes/tools including a disciplined approach to prospecting and client development. The MMSL determines, communicates and coaches to an effective team strategy for acquiring, retaining and growing select clients.
- Maintains an in- depth knowledge of products and services as well as proactively acquires knowledge of competitive products to support the awareness of the sales team.
- Develops and Maintains solid working relationships with the Corporate Bank in support of our differentiated collaboration model. Understands the value of the model and leads the team in support of it.
- Advises and supports Relationship Managers (RM) in the development of their individual business development efforts. Participates in joint calls with MMRMs to enhance selling skills and uncover opportunities.
- Coaches team members to developing a clear and holistic understanding of their clients' or prospects' business/industry and being viewed as a business partner (financial strategist).
- Serves as a "rainmaker" and trusted advisor to the team's current and future most profitable relationships; leads by example to earn trust and respect of client by being value- idea oriented through disciplined preparation and understanding clients' strategy, motivations, industry, competition, etc.
- Collaborates with KPB to jointly develop MM KPB clients.
- Manages credit processes efficiently which ensures sound asset quality, including underwriting, structuring, and portfolio management activities.
- Partners effectively with Credit Officers on setting policies/procedures that result in sound and profitable credit decisions.
- Demonstrates expertise and coaching ability in functional/technical credit knowledge.
- Manages to all asset quality measures to ensure team results are at or above established goals and identification of deteriorating credits and risk rating of portfolio are timely and accurate.
- Experienced as an agent bank in a syndicated credit structure.
Human Capital Leadership
- Creates a positive work environment, establishes high standards for work quality and provides opportunities for career growth and job satisfaction in order to develop and retain a highly trained and motivated staff.
- Establishes and tracks performance objectives for team members; manages and evaluates staff performance to established objectives, differentiates performance, strives to ensure that each banker achieves their respective goals.
- Partners with Human Resources to execute talent processes - including recruiting, employee skill development, career progression, goal setting, performance management, employee engagement and the delivery of a pay for performance culture.
- In conjunction with Human Resources, creates and executes a proactive strategy to build a pipeline of talent by assessing and building talent across the markets. Proactively sources external talent.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or related field; or equivalent experience. MBA, CPA or CFP preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in finance/banking or related field - understands Corporate Finance and Capital Markets
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, inspect, coach and champion a sales team to success. Leadership experience managing commercial lenders preferred.
- Strong financial and business acumen. Excellent credit skills and proven ability to effectively manage credit needs for the portfolio. In depth knowledge of financial products and banking regulations.
- Five plus years demonstrated sales and business development... For full info follow application link.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
KeyBank National Association
910 N. Yellowstone
Pocatello, Idaho 83201