at Heartland Pharmacy - Boise in Boise, Idaho, United States
As a DME Technician you will be responsible for DME required documentation, claim submission/billing and delivery in accordance with the DME Medicare and the CMS National Accreditation requirements. Job duties includes but are not limited to reconciling DME insurance claims as defined and outlined by Medicare to obtain the maximum allowable reimbursement from the patient’s insurance(s) and patients co-pay(s). Responsible for timely and accurate fulfillment of durable medical equipment requests through research, communication, and delivery. A DME Technician will work to resolve customer DME complaints and DME billing discrepancies by building relationships with our internal and external customers to provide exceptional customer service.
- Submit claims/billing statements in accordance with DME Medicare and CMS National Accreditation requirements.
- Reconcile DME claims and ensuring that all money due to the company is collected timely.
- Manage multiple insurance portals.
- Maintains DME pricing list.
- Works with DME vendors to handle equipment defects and warranty issues, maintains relationships and vendor contact information; Pursues competitive pricing from vendors when requested.
- Researches and stays abreast in advances in DME technology.
- Resolve customer DME complaints and DME billing discrepancies.
- When necessary, educates patients/authorized family members, and healthcare professionals regarding patient insurance coverage and financial responsibility.
- Performs additional job duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Registered with the Idaho Board of Pharmacy (National Certification is preferred)
- Minimum of a HS diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- General knowledge of DME products, insurance coding and billing requirements
- Understanding of National Mail Order, Competitive Bidding DME requirements and DME reconciliation
- Initiative – job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Independence – job requires help in developing the DME process, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and autonomous motivation.
- Strong computer skills
- Courteous & professional communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and can be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Commitment and dedication to make a difference.
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team and business operate within the medical industry; handling medications and sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check and pass a drug test before being hired.
We have a zero-tolerance policy for recreational marijuana usage.
Heartland Pharmacy - Boise
8455 W. Emerald St.
Boise, Idaho 83704