at Family Advocates in Boise, Idaho, United States
The Family Advocates’ Volunteer Coordinator will possess a strong passion for making a difference in the lives of children and families. A Volunteer Coordinator will combine this passion with relevant college education or work experience in early childhood education, teaching, child development, child protection, social work or other non-profit incentive-based program delivery and volunteer development experience. The position will help families meet their children’s developmental milestones and increase their capacity for positive parenting techniques. This position will also possess leadership skills, self-determination, and a willingness to learn.
Essential Job Functions
Direct Service and Program Support
- Actively recruit and train volunteers for Family Strengthening program.
- Communicate frequently with and manage volunteer schedules.
- Collaborate for monthly continuing education opportunities for volunteers.
- Lead volunteer recognition, appreciation, and evaluation.
- Maintain confidentiality and boundaries with participants and volunteers at all times.
- Be present at and manage all Family Strengthening programming and volunteers including evening programming and debrief.
- Assist staff and volunteers with set up, clean up, and organization before and after Family Strengthening groups to maintain integrity of facilities.
- Adapt and implement children’s curriculum for programming as needed.
- Coordinate and align participant and program needs with Parent Development Coordinator and Intake and Case Manager.
- Manage e-newsletter and e-communications.
- Attend Family Strengthening Program weekly staff meetings and bi-monthly Family Advocates All-Staff meetings.
- Represent Family Advocates, Family Strengthening, and Children’s Programs in all events and/or programming.
- Support the Family Strengthening team, volunteers, interns, service learners and other Family Advocates staff and participants.
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm and focused in stressful situations.
- Treat others with unconditional positive regard, dignity and respect.
- Great attention to detail, highly organized in system management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with public speaking to a variety of audiences.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Data Management and Administrative Support
- Input all required records into data systems.
- Distribute, collect and submit evaluations, surveys and/or other documents as required.
- Notify Family Strengthening Director when new policies and procedures are needed.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Completeand pass Idaho Supreme Court background check inclusive of national sex offender registry and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare Child Protection registry check.
- Able to work a flexible schedule (including evenings).
- Maintain reliable and insured transportation as well as a valid driver’s license.
- Have timely and reliable attendance.
- Be well organized, work independently, and meet deadlines.
- Maintain a professional appearance.
- Maintain accurate records, documentation, confidentiality, and professional boundaries.
- Must support and promote the mission and vision of Family Advocates.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
- Bachelor or Masters degree in social work, education, management or related field.
- CPR and First Aid trained or willing to be trained within 60 days of hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of Employees assigned to this job.
3010 W State Street
Boise, Idaho 83703