at Systems Application & Technologies Inc. in Bruneau, Idaho, United States
Job DescriptionSystems Application & Technologies Inc
Systems Application & Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
SA-TECH provides operations, maintenance and support (OM&S) of 14 ACC and Air Force Global Strike Command Primary Training Ranges. Primary Training Ranges consist of Electronic Warfare Ranges (EWR), Electronic Warfare Sites (EWS), and Bombing and Gunnery Ranges (B&G). The ranges accommodate basic to intermediate level air-to-surface training. PTRs vary in their size, complexities and capabilities and contain target arrays, remote-control moving land targets, electronic and passive threat simulators, and weapons scoring systems and provide Service Class A, B, and/or C range capabilities.
SA-TECH recognizes that our success is indicative of each team members' hard work and dedication towards a common goal Supporting the Warfighter. Along with unparalleled stability, we have the ingredients for superior performance with a servant leadership mentality that provides an affirmation of purpose and value in a team oriented positive work environment.
The items listed below are some highlights of SA-TECH's employee benefits:
- Medical plan with prescription plan
- Dental plan, includes orthodontist for children only
- Vision plan
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life, accidental death & dismemberment insurance
- Sick leave
- Vacation leave
Work Location: Mountain Home, ID
Full Time non-exempt Position
The Deputy Site Manager/Computer Operator IV assists the Site Manager in day to day operations of the Mountain Home Range Complex and fills in during his absence. Operates computer and peripheral electronic equipment associated with Weapons Scoring Systems. Selects proper scoring system applications/performs mission data entry.
DUTIES INCLUDE: The following job functions are a basic requirement but are not limited to and may be assigned other duties.
- Schedules 15 site personnel to cover operations to include: Range Control Officer Tower to ensure safety of aircraft and ground crews, Weapons Integrated Scoring System (WISS) and Improved Remote Strafe Scoring System (IRSSS) used to score bomb drops and strafing passes against range targets, firefighting on over 24 thousand acres of range impact area (Saylor Creek and Juniper Butte ranges), scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of over 400 targets and target areas, maintenance of the 4 remote non drop sites.
- Supervises range personnel in the use and maintenance of heavy equipment.
- Supervises the maintenance of the roads and ground within the Mountain Home Range Complex.
- Supports EOD personnel in the range collection, clearance, and storing of expended bombs during range decontamination periods.
- Conducts security and safety checks of range boundaries and gates.
- Implements an active safety program that's operates in accordance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and company safety guidelines and policies.
- Assists Site Manager with managing company programs.
- Performs and supervises tasks associated with operating the Joint Advance Weapon Scoring System (JAWSS), components commonly used include a Weapons Impact Scoring System (WISS), Improved Remote Strafe Scoring System (IRSSS), Laser Spot Video Recording System (LSVRS), and the Large Scale Target Scoring System (LSTSS).
- Performs scoring system start-up, operational checks, calibration and shut-down procedures.
- Performs mission data entry for both pre-flight and post-flight air-to-ground weapon delivery missions.
- Selects proper scoring system applications, scores weapon impacts and provides timely and accurate scoring feedback information to aircrews.
- Prints computer generated scoring reports and forwards to the appropriate users as required.
- Operates peripheral electronic equipment such as video and audio recording systems, radio/communications equipment, and range night lighting systems.
- Uses printers, scanners and copiers.
- Operates Government computers on the Air Force network to access flight schedules, weapon scoring requests, and save post mission scoring data on shared drives.
- Performs Wildland Firefighting/Suppression.
- Work Conditions:
- Performs work indoors in temperature-controlled environment as well as outdoors
- Must be able to climb ladders, work in elevated areas and confined spaces and traverse rugged terrain either while on foot or by motorized vehicle. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Job demands will require physical dexterity and flexibility. Must be physically able to sit, stand, kneel and climb
- Is subject to high noise levels and vibration.
- Will have exposure to smoke and heat while performing Wildland firefighting.
- Required to work under stress.
- Is subject to call at all hours.
- Regular work schedule consists of M-F, 40 hours, morning shift. Some overtime may be required.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS:
- Requires High School diploma/GED or equivalent amounts of technical training or experience.
- Requires 4 years supervisory experience in B&G Range operations or equivalent.
- Requires completion of FEMA Firefighting Training (S-190) and Wildlife Fire Management (S-130).
- Requires a working knowledge to accomplish computer data information processing and general knowledge of MS office.
- Valid Driver's License; & Ability to obtain a Class B license; Must be able to be insured through Company's vehicle insurance policy while driving work/government/rental vehicles during working hours, and for the duration of your work employment.
- Ability to sit for periods of two (2) hours or more.
- Physical dexterity to bend/stoop, twist/turn, and kneel/crouch
- US Citizenship required and ability to obtain at minimum an interim Secret security clearance within 120 days of hire and be granted and maintain a Secret security clearance throughout employment.
- All candidates will be required to pass a consumer report and/or consumer investigation to include SSN, Driver Record and Criminal Background Investigation.
Our workplace requires that all employees be vaccinated, per Executive Order 14043 on September 9, 2021, Mandate for all Federal Contractors. Persons with documented medical issues or a sincerely-held religious beliefs will be reasonably accommodated in accordance with applicable law. Employment is contingent upon proof of vaccination or exemption.
All responses will be handled with strict confidentiality.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status