at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
Facebook’s security team is the central engine driving data and systems security at the company, supporting Facebook and all of its family of apps. The organization is responsible for inhibiting malicious actors from compromising our environment, detecting and responding to them before they do damage if they do, ensuring we are maintaining the protections we say we will, and engaging with the community to help those outside the company learn from the work we do. We work across all parts of the company, from the corporate infrastructure to production to external services, interfacing with nearly every team in the company.
Facebook’s security team is looking for a Security Engineer with a variety of experiences in the discovery, containment, and mitigation of threat actors to work in the Internal Detection and Response team. A successful candidate will have experience establishing and maturing investigations and response efforts, drawing upon automation and cross functional partnerships to create scalable and resilient operational capabilities. We are building the next generation of security operations and response platforms to support the scale and security of Facebook. You will be helping to lead the programs where we are leveraging different sources of information for detecting, responding and investigating incidents and working with our software and production engineering teams to develop scalable systems to automate detection and remediation.
Security Engineer, Internal Detection and Response Responsibilities:
1. Influence and align the organization’s vision and strategy, while engaging our teams to develop and deliver specific, multi-year roadmaps, programs, and projects. Ensure prioritization, resourcing, and timely delivery of this work within a changing business environment.
2. Define operational metrics, key performance indicators, and service level objectives to assure the team achieves operational excellence.
3. Coach, mentor, support, and care for the team in a way that enables long-term career development, happiness, and success at scale.
4. Work with, partner, and influence other teams to solve challenges related to a broad spectrum of threat actors.
5. Build, cultivate, and maintain positive relationships with internal customers to identify and facilitate solutions to increase the impact of the team’s work.
6. Be a broad technical and process subject matter expert regarding the services your team provides.
7. Collaborate with software and production engineering teams to develop scalable and flexible solutions for everything from low-level actors to nation state actors.
8. Focus on ruthlessly prioritizing, automating, and scaling every aspect of our detection and response capabilities.
9. 10+ years of work experience in software or security engineering
10. Experience developing and delivering information on program status for senior leadership
11. Experience leading and managing complex cross-functional programs
12. Knowledge of operating systems, file systems, and memory on Windows, MacOS, or Linux
13. Experience with an interpreted programming language (PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby, etc.)
14. Experience with attacker tactics, techniques and procedures
15. Background in intrusion detection, security investigations, and incident response
16. Experience recruiting, building, and leading technical teams, including performance management
17. Experience “threat hunting”, i.e. using threat intel to proactively and iteratively investigate these potential risks and finding suspicious behavior in the network
18. Broad knowledge across the Security domain, as well as deep focus in one (or more) areas such as: Logs and events processing, Incident Management, and Detection and/or Response tool development
$205,000/year to $281,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account