at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
A Technical Artist is the key bridge between artists and engineers, and Meta Reality Labs is currently looking for a passionate team member to closely work with graphics programmers to build the next cutting-edge real-time graphics and technology for VR/AR.
Technical Artist Responsibilities:
1. Partner closely with the engineering, prototyping, and design teams to define and develop content.
2. Design, manage and maintain the pipeline from engineers to artists and designers through to deployment.
3. Optimize assets and content creation workflows through improved tooling.
4. Instructing artists and designers on asset creation, modeling, and texturing best practices.
5. Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
6. Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety of technical and artistic tasks.
7. Quickly solve issues and unify vision with cross-functional peers.
9. 3+ years of experience in game/VR development as a Technical Artist.
10. Experience with profiling and optimization techniques.
11. Experience working with shaders.
12. Experience creating 3D pipeline tools including asset management, performance testing, and asset/pipeline validation.
13. Experience collaborating on multi-disciplinary teams.
14. Experience communicating across team members including engineers and artists with demonstrated techniques for improving communication.
15. Experience making tools and automation for one or more packages like Maya, Houdini, Substance Painter, Substance Designer, ZBrush, Knald, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
16. Experience shipping products with stringent runtime performance constraints, such as complex mobile or 3D applications or games.
17. Knowledge of low level real-time graphics pipeline concepts.
18. Prototype, profile, and optimize shaders.
19. Experience with Unity.
20. Experience with proprietary in-house engines.
21. Experience working with Git and/or other revision control software
22. Virtual reality experience (Rift, Vive, GearVR, etc.).
23. Knowledge of emerging technologies.
24. Experience building applications for mobile platforms.
$127,000/year to $178,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law