at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
The Meta Product TPM community is pioneering technologies to bring people closer together and our organization shares in the responsibility of doing it at global scale. As a Director of Product Technical Program Management, you will be responsible for driving large scale cross-functional product initiatives, including defining the strategy and leading the execution across multiple teams at Meta. You will be supporting the growth and development of Technical Program Managers who are driving strategy and execution in product areas, such as Facebook App, Instagram, Ads & Business Products, Central Product Platform, Commerce Platform, Integrity, and Privacy as well as product platform areas that have specialized technical expertise, such as machine learning, ranking, APIs, and scaled infrastructure. We are looking for experienced leaders who can lead teams in complex, multi-platform development efforts at consumer scale while maintaining clarity of product vision and organizational awareness. This posting represents different full-time roles across the company, including Facebook App, Instagram, Ads & Business Products, and other product areas.
Director, Product Technical Program Management Responsibilities:
1. Define and lead product execution strategy for multiple areas of products and platform.
2. Build and lead a team of TPMs capable of scaling with Meta through a period of continued high-growth while forging tight partnerships with cross-functional leaders.
3. Demonstrate an ability to structure an organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top-tier talent and filing out gaps in the existing team quickly to accommodate growth.
4. Manage from the front, prioritize, and drive the bigger mission forward by translating vision into results.
5. Manage, mentor, and grow the existing product technical program management teams.
6. Build and lead an organization with customer focus and effective communication with a focus on decisive, fast-moving solutions, quick and constructive resolutions to conflicts, and a “no barriers” mentality.
7. Serve as an evangelist for the team and overall culture, both internally and externally.
8. Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of products.
9. Understand Meta’s strategic and competitive position and deliver products that are recognized best in the industry.
10. B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
11. 15+ years of software industry experience, including systems engineering, hardware engineering, or technical product/program management experience.
12. 10+ years of people management experience leading teams to deliver technical programs or products from inception to delivery.
13. Experience communicating and representing work to senior leadership and framing discussions to gain valuable feedback and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
14. Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems.
15. Experience establishing and leading teams through multi-disciplinary relationships, including product management and engineering to drive product impact.
$233,000/year to $297,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law