at Penn National Gaming in Jackpot, Nevada, United States
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Cactus Petes Resorts Casino, we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- Responsible for supervising staff and the overall daily management of a designated shift in the Security department. Supports, administers, and manages operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager regarding any concerns, with attention to guest satisfaction. - May be responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department by providing recommendations; supports compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reports budget concerns to manager.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with departmental and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.- Serves as the Security Manager on duty in the absence of the Security Shift Manager.
- Enforces internal control policies and procedures, including but not limited to, underage gambling and drinking laws.
- Maintains safety and inspection reports for the property.- Conducts regular security post inspections.
- Prepares Security incident reports and maintains Security logs.
- Responds to guest and team member concerns and complaints and solves their problems with professionalism and compassion.
- Ensures Security Officers adhere to uniform dress and grooming standards consistent with departmental and company guidelines.- interacts and cooperates with regulatory, fire/rescue, and law enforcement agencies. - Responsible for ensuring regulatory compliance within area of authority and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- High School Diploma or GED and three (3) years of Casino Security, Military, or Law Enforcement experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). - Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.- Ability to write reports and business correspondence. - Must have strong interpersonal, customer service, and organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Driver’s License and operate company vehicles as needed.- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.- Must have the ability to interact with guests, staff, and colleagues and resolve problems and conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to remain calm in emergency or stressful situations.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Starting from $39,900 annually, based on experience
Starting Salary: USD $39,900.00/Hr.
Job/Display ID: 2022-96444
External Company URL: http://www.pennentertainment.com/
Street: 1385 Highway 93To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account