at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
Meta is seeking a forward thinking, experienced Data Center InfoSec Engineering Lead to join the Data Center Site Operations team. Our data centers, and the tens of thousands of servers installed in them, are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Meta is at the leading edge of the global data center industry both in terms of how data centers are designed and operated. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success.The candidate we seek is a forward thinking IT professional with deep experience in supporting the development roadmap for Meta’s internal information security engineering requirements, tooling and workflow. The ideal candidate should be an Information Security professional with advanced, hands-on technical skills in designing, supporting, and assessing compliance-related controls and procedures around physical data media handling (ideally in a Data Center environment). This role will have a direct impact on our server fleet and the global Data Center Site Operations teams at Meta. The ideal candidate should have a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of technologies, have an experienced view of software architecture and hardware platforms as related to information security and be comfortable working independently with little supervision and creating global direction. They should also be a natural collaborator as they will be working out of Meta’s headquarters, able to distill the needs of all relevant stakeholders and subject matter experts and translate these into long-term engineering solutions. The successful candidate will be capable of providing technical guidance and mentorship, to drive continuous improvement in global operational processes and tooling. Extensive knowledge of managing servers, programming/scripting, and performing complex projects in a large-scale, distributed data center environment is an advantage.
SiteOps Global Information Security Lead Engineer Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical leadership as both an IC and provide technical support and direction for a high performing team responsible for the detailed design, implementation and maintenance of Information Security standards/processes for Compute and Storage in the Datacenter.
2. Identify and lead improvements to Site Operation processes and workflows, primarily related to logical security and physical data protection of the data centers and servers.
3. Gather and prioritize requirements from the Data Center InfoSec members and other cross-functional Security partners
4. and act as the liaison between these and the engineering teams on technical project matters.
5. Provide guidance on needs and priorities to partners on the integration of information security aspects into new hardware platforms.
6. Work closely with engineering leaders across the company to help them evaluate and prioritize secure hardware best practices and identify areas of improvement when introducing new hardware families and SKUs.
7. Build strong relationships and collaboration with engineering and cross functional teams across the company.
8. Actively solicit feedback from teams, and use that feedback to improve operational effectiveness as infrastructure scales.
9. Champion engineering and operations, establishing metrics and process for regular assessment and improvement.
10. Provide technical guidance and mentor engineers to develop their careers, matching their strengths with projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles.
11. Ability to travel up to 30% to data centers both domestically and internationally.
12. 7+ years experience in architecting and working with cross functional teams to build information security processes and workflows.
13. Knowledge of networking principles, technologies, protocols and standards.
14. Experience with influencing team and/or cross-functional partners through rigorous data driven proposals and presentations.
15. Communication and cross-collaboration experience.
16. Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Hardware Engineering, or commensurate experience in relevant technical areas.
17. Experience working individually as well as in groups on a regular basis.
18. Experience to effectively analyse risk within the context of business, and technology problems.
19. Familiarity with common security standards (SOX/NIST/ISO/PCI-DSS).
20. Experience in developing, implementing and/or running operational processes that are used to scale and support global operations.
21. Technical infrastructure management and/or large-scale Data Center experience.
22. CISSP, CISA, GIAC-GSNA, or GIAC-GCCC.
23. Experience with full hardware lifecycle management, sustainability and/or ITAD related services.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.