at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
Our data centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative products. The Data Center Business Operations team is seeking a technically minded Manager to support the Operational Expense program. In this role, you will be expected to help drive process automation and standardization, create analytical models and dashboards, develop best practices for data aggregation, and partner with Finance and cross-functional teams to support the organization in executing against its priorities. You will play a key role in the analysis and reporting of operational costs by using analytical rigor to drive insight, alignment, and identify opportunities. You will be expected to think critically about Facebook’s Data Center infrastructure and process complex data sets and workflows into actionable strategies.
Operations Strategy Manager Responsibilities:
1. Support and evolve the global data center expense program through driving process improvements and automation efficiencies around planning, reporting, and ongoing communications to key stakeholders
2. Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis and the presentation of data to help inform key business decisions about the growth of the data center organization
3. Drive rigor and visibility around key business drivers, metrics and progress of data center initiatives through development of data architecture, dashboards and visualizations
4. Convey a data-driven story to technical and non-technical audiences around key business insights, in collaboration with Finance and other cross-functional partners
5. Experience managing multiple projects and coordinating with internal team and external partners, leadership, and other stakeholders
6. Experience analyzing and interpreting data, drawing conclusions, and defining recommended actions
7. MBA or MS in a related field (e.g., Engineering, Economics, Statistics, or similar discipline)
8. Experience with SQL, and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau), including using advanced functionality (e.g. data blending)
9. 8+ years of experience in business strategy or managing costs in technology infrastructure
10. Experience operating independently and shifting priorities quickly, while maintaining a high degree of organization and control
11. Experience turning complex and ambiguous problem statements into structured solutions while working in a highly cross-functional environment
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.