at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that helppeople connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, itchanged the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp,and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.Instructions on how to apply, click “Apply to Job” online on the web page.
Software Engineer, Product Responsibilities:
1. Develop, design, create, modify, and/or test software applications or systems for various products or software services.
2. Develop a strong understanding of relevant product area, codebase, and/or systems
3. Demonstrate proficiency in data analysis, programming, and software engineering
4. Produce high-quality code with good test coverage using modern abstractions and frameworks
5. May be assigned to specific group focused on product or infrastructure
6. Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
7. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
8. Work independently, use available resources to get unblocked, and complete tasks on schedule by exercising strong judgment and problem solving skills
9. Master internal development standards from developing to releasing code in order to take on tasks and projects with increasing levels of complexity
10. Telecommute from anywhere in the U.S. permitted (remote work benefit)
11. Requires a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Management Information Systems, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Applied Sciences, or a related field and two years of work experience in the job offered or in a computer-related occupation. Requires two years of experience in the following:
12. C, C++, C#, or Java
14. Relational databases and SQL
15. Software development tools: Code editors (VIM or Emacs), and revision control systems (Subversion, GIT, or Perforce)
17. Build highly-scalable performant solutions
18. Data processing, programming languages, databases, networking, operating systems, computer graphics, or human-computer interaction
19. Applying algorithms and core computer science concepts to real world systems as evidenced by recognizing and matching patterns from different areas of computer science in production systems
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.