at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. To apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
1. Help build the next generation of systems behind Meta’s products, create web and/or mobile applications that reach over two billion people, and build high volume servers to support content.
2. Harness passion for technology and undergraduate-level knowledge, and help build highly scalable performant solutions.
3. Develop undergraduate-level knowledge of algorithms and core computer science concepts and ability to apply that knowledge to real world systems with support and guidance from direct supervisor.
4. With solutions provided by a supervisor utilize ability to apply them to production problems and contribute to architectural decisions.
5. Employ specialty knowledge across the following areas: data processing, programming languages, databases, networking, and operating systems.
6. Utilize knowledge of data base management system software, development environment software, object oriented development software, program testing software, operating system software, and various programming languages.
7. Utilize knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming, and of systems architecture and components, including networking and storage.
8. Telecommuting is permitted from anywhere in the U.S. Remote Worker Benefit.
9. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, or related field. 48 months of experience In the job offered or in a computer-related occupation.
10. Experience must include 24 months in each of the following:
11. 1. C
12. 2. Unix or other *nix-like OS as evidenced by file manipulation and simple commands
13. 3. Perl
14. 4. Korn shell
15. 5. Python
16. 6. Relational databases and SQL
17. 7. Software development tools: Code editors (VIM or Emacs), and revision control systems (Subversion, GIT, or Perforce)
18. 8. Applying algorithms and core computer science concepts to real world systems as evidenced by recognizing and matching patterns from different areas of computer science in production systems.
Equal Opportunity: Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.