at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
Meta is looking for an analyst to be part of a growing Privacy Infra Assessments team that is raising the bar on Meta’s commitment to privacy. This role will bring innovation and efficiency to how we respond to internal and regulatory compliance requests. This includes gathering data for and articulating responses, automation of compliance responses, measuring operational effectiveness of privacy safeguards, identifying potential gaps, making reasonable and defensible recommendations for improvements, and ensuring a high degree of quality in regulatory responses. This role requires the candidate to develop an understanding of Meta’s organizational, procedural and technological privacy controls and the global regulatory frameworks applicable to our business. A mix of technical and business acumen coupled with polished communication and a strong desire to learn are key to success in this position.
Privacy Data Analyst Responsibilities:
1. Formulate responses to privacy compliance requests within SLA, perform data quality reviews, and conduct operational effectiveness testing against Meta internal privacy safeguards.
2. Develop and communicate best practices for regulatory response.
3. Develop automation for compliance responses to increase efficiency and to provide consistency and quality in responses.
4. Articulate data and technology gaps and their compliance impact to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders such as TPMs, engineering teams, risk and compliance partners, auditors and regulators.
5. Recommend process improvements and strategic initiatives as related to privacy compliance response.
6. Coordinate and drive business partner privacy response activities for both inbound and outbound relationships.
7. Support business relationships with internal and external auditors and regulators.
8. Support recruitment efforts and mentoring teammates and partners.
9. 5+ years experience in a quantitative role related data, reporting, and analytical problem solving
10. 4+ years experience writing complex SQL queries to drive analysis and insights
11. Experience coding in Python, R, PHP and/or similar programming language
12. Experience with developing security/privacy reporting and recommendations that are meaningful, defensible and actionable for a variety of audiences
13. Experience developing and submitting audit and compliance reports to governing bodies, legal entities, and/or external authorities
14. Experienced in processes for assessing and designing internal controls for large scale organizations
15. Experience performing risk assessments or safeguard/control operational effectiveness testing
$130,000/year to $185,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law