at Hospital Corporation of America in Caldwell, Idaho, United States
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Dietitian PRN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join West Valley Medical Center which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.Benefits
West Valley Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
Colleague recognition program
Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Dietitian PRN where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Dietitian at our facility you will have the opportunity to be both a nutrition professional and a caregiver, leading a hard-working and compassionate team that is so vital for the day-to-day functions of our hospital. In this role:
* You will be responsible for evaluating and assessing the patient nutrition needs according to physician diagnosis, developing nutrition plans and goals and periodic assessment of the effects of nutrition therapy.
* You will function as a member of the multi-disciplinary health care team to screen newly admitted patients to identify those at nutritional risk.
* You will develop orientation, continuing education, knowledge, and skills as appropriate for patients of all ages.
* You will serve as an active member of the Dietary Services team, participating in daily rounds and providing nutrition education for fellow staff.
* You will monitor for food and drug interactions and provide nutrition-drug interrelationship information to physicians.
* You will assess patients for malnutrition related to abuse or neglect.
* You will communicate with patients and families, medical staff, nursing staff, and other health care professionals to assure patient care needs are met.
* State of Idaho Dietitian license.
* Registered Dietitian with the American Dietetic Association.
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Nutrition and Food Science, Dietetics, or related field from an accredited college or university.
* Food Handlers Permit or ServSafe certification.
* American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
* At least one year of clinical experience preferred; preferably in a hospital setting.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
(WVMC) provides a small-town, friendly... For full info follow application link.
We are committed to: Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect. Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve. Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.