Prairie Family Medicine, part of Praxis Health, is looking for a friendly and energetic Medical Assistant with outstanding people skills to join our team. Qualified candidates will have a collaborative team spirit and a willingness to support the needs of our patients as well as the goals of the job and the team.
In this role, you will work in collaboration with the healthcare team to assist physicians/providers in the delivery of exceptional patient care.
Must have an aptitude to learn and a passion to serve others.
Must be someone who thrives in a busy, fast-paced environment
Must have exceptional customer service skills, be highly organized, and detail oriented
Experience with electronic medical records is a plus
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the Praxis Health family is so special. Please click here: https://youtu.be/MrNWtn42prY
Essential Job Functions:
- Fulfills patient care responsibilities as assigned that may include checking schedules and organizing patient flow; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking transfers, dressing, collecting specimens, preparing for exam, etc.; collecting patient history; performing screening per provider guidelines; assisting providers/nurses with various procedures; charting; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls, and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned that may include sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed; and patient demographics; managing and updating charts to ensure that information is complete and filed appropriately;
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned that may include setting up instruments and equipment according to provider protocols; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control; keeping appropriate records; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; and restocking exam/procedure rooms.
- Fulfills the organizations responsibilities as assigned including; respecting and promoting patient’s rights; sharing problems relating to patients and or staff with immediate supervisor.
- Fulfills clinical Medical Assisting responsibilities that vary according to state law, which may include medical/surgical asepsis; checking vital signs or measurements; physical examination preparations, clinical pharmacology; drug administration through various routes including injections; prescription verifications with provider's orders; applying dressings and suture removal; bio hazard waste disposal and monitoring; therapeutic modalities; instructing patients with assistive devices, laboratory procedures including Occupations Safety and Health Administrations (OSHA) guidelines; quality control methods; CLIA-waived testing; specimen handling such as urine, throat, vaginal, stool, and sputum; emergency triage and first aid. Medical Assistants must adhere to the MA scope of practice in the laboratory.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account