Interpath Laboratory is looking for a friendly and energetic Phlebotomist/Processor with outstanding people skills to join our team in Boise, ID. Qualified candidates will have a collaborative team spirit and a willingness to support the needs of our patients as well as the goals of the job and the team. In this role, successful candidates will be responsible for all elements of the clinical laboratory operations from point of patient reception, specimen collection, specimen processing, and reporting for all entities owned or affiliated with Interpath Laboratory, Inc. within area.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 1:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Location: Patient Service Center off of W Emerald St.
We are excited to share with you a short video that shows why the Interpath family is so special. Please click here: https://youtu.be/iMaXUt6s9rg
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs administrative duties including providing excellent customer service to all patients, clients and employees.
- Answers phones in a timely manner following company standards on proper phone etiquette.
- Monitors for instrumentation alarms and responds to them in a timely manner.
- Maintains an awareness of surroundings as part of expectation to monitor for issues and safety hazards in the work environment.
- Maintains a readiness to respond to colleague questions and instructions.
- Serves patients by identifying the best method for retrieving blood samples and other specimens, preparing specimens for laboratory testing and performing screening procedures
- Consistently monitors highly detailed information that requires a high degree of accuracy, including, but not limited to verifying specimen information, performing data entry, and properly identifying patient’s information to specimens.
- Receives samples from clients and other Interpath sites.
- Accurately processes samples in timely manner to ensures Interpath meets established routine and Stat turnaround times.
- Maintains specimen integrity from collection point and up to point transferred to technical staff.
- Accurately translates physician orders and diagnoses.
- Packages samples for referral labs.
- Prints and distributes reports.
- Follows established safety protocols.
- Follows established daily checklist to ensure all tasks performed on schedule.
- Understands and adheres to HIPAA policies, procedures and regulations to assure patient confidentiality.
- Understands and adheres to Medicare rules regarding ABN’s (Advance Beneficiary Notice).
- Actively participates in departmental quality assurance monitors.
- Follows all established Internal Quality protocols.
- Judges adequacy of submitted specimens, using technical assistance if needed.
- Covers work shifts, sometimes at different sites as needed to ensure smooth operations.
- Reliable attendance and presence at work.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account