at TMC Technologies of WV Corp in Pocatello, Idaho, United States
TMC Technologies is in search of a SME-level Systems Engineer (Windows) to support a federal client in Pocatello, ID. The candidate must be a US citizen and possess a TS/SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI poly to start due to federal contract requirements. The Systems Engineer (Windows) SME will be responsible for engineering, design, integration, deployment, testing, certification, patching, addressing interoperability issues, not only of the base Windows Server 2019/2022 or later server and Windows 11 desktop or later operating system, but for all support libraries, components, and application dependencies. The Systems Engineer (Windows) SME will:
- Design, implement, and integrate as well as provide ongoing support of the Windows Infrastructure.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all Windows environments and have expert knowledge and skills in using the tools listed in 4.7 above.
- Engineer, integrate, design and deploying various Windows components and expert knowledge in Active Directory, Group Policy, digital certificates, multi factor integration, DNS and DHCP.
- Create and maintain bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate distribution of Windows and network configuration, using tools that include Windows Deployment Services, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, Hyper-V, SQL Server, Windows 2019/2022, Windows 10 and 11.
- Create baselines for Windows Server 2019/2022 or higher with the appropriate DISA STIGS applied for Windows 2019/2022 Datacenter, Windows 2019/2022 Full, Windows 2019/2022 Core, Windows 2019/2022 or higher with Desktop Experience, and Windows 11 or higher.
- Create a deployable method for the baselines to include network installation, PXE Boot, WDS, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, MECM, MDT Share, DVD, and USB Device.
- Create a step-by-step build documentation and engineering documentation for all versions of baseline images.
- Create a Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager/Systems Center Configuration Manager deployment server with full functionality to deploy systems.
- Create a Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager/Systems Center Configuration Manager deployment user and engineering documentation.
- Create a PXE Boot Deployment Server, user documentation and engineering documentation.
- Provision/configure required software onto servers, such as web servers and databases such as SQL Server.
- Possess proficient understanding of networks, storage, and LAN/WAN systems and applications as well as their dependencies and shall possess knowledge of TCP/IP, subnet masks, routing, SMTP.
- Possess competence in scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the Windows infrastructure.
- Work in hybrid environment of virtualized and cloud platforms.
- Monitor and correct server issues and create recovery processes for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools to include printing.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Provide 4th level support.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
- Integrate systems with Windows as it applies to authentication and core services dependencies such single sign-on and Active Directory. Engineer and implement solutions for multi factor authentication with FBI standardized software and hardware.
US Citizenship and TS/SCI clearance required; CI poly preferred but can be administered after hire.
Minimum of 10 years' experience required; Master's degree is preferred.
In-depth knowledge of the following are required:
Microsoft operating systems (Windows Server 2019/2022 or later) Core, and Server with a Desktop Experience and modifying task sequences for Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager and System Center Configuration Manager, DISA STIGS, how to apply, how to modify Microsoft security policy templates, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE) experience and knowledge creating and maintaining PXE server, expert knowledge in driver requirements for Microsoft Windows operating systems, expert in WINPE, expert in Windows Deployment Services, expert in Windows Assessment and Deployment Toolkit (ADK), expert in Windows Automated Installation Toolkit (AIK), expert in using and creating scripts using Microsoft PowerShell, expert in knowledge of Microsoft Sysprep tools, extensive knowledge of Microsoft deployment tools and scripting.
Company paid benefits include:
Long and Short Term Disability
Shared Premium benefits include:
Other Benefits include:
401K with Company Match
New Parent Leave
Professional Development Reimbursement
11 Paid Holidays
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To view full details and how to apply, please login or create a Job Seeker account