at Meta in Boise, Idaho, United States
Meta Platforms, Inc. (Meta), formerly known as Facebook Inc., builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps and services like Messenger, Instagram, WhatsApp, and Novi further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology.Instructions on how to apply, click “Apply to Job” online on this web page.
Software Engineer, Front End Responsibilities:
1. Work with Product Designers to implement the next generation of Facebook’s products
2. Build efficient and reusable front-end abstractions and systems
3. Identify and address performance bottlenecks
4. Participate in design and code reviews
5. Interact with other team members to incorporate their innovations
6. Measure and improve reliability of Facebook’s architecture improve its reliability
7. Build tools for engineering team to use to monitor and maintain reliability
9. Position also requires completion of a university-level course / research project / internship / thesis, or 6+ months of experience in each of the following:
10. Employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Software, Computer Engineering, Applied Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, or related field.
11. Experience in web technologies: HTML and CSS
12. Experience in writing reusable and high-performance user interface components
14. Experience in architectural design for complex front-end systems
15. Experience in performance debugging and benchmarking
16. Experience building web applications
17. Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience. Degree must be completed prior to joining Meta.
$104,000/year to $168,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta’s Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law